5 Tips for Trapeze Amateurs
1. When you’re flying through the air, upside down, on a 30ft high trapeze, timing is everything.
2. When your instructor tells you to “Go! Swing! Tuck your legs in! Now let go!” you should listen to her.
3. If you think tip #2 is common sense, you’re wrong. Most humans will find it very difficult to think logically while flying through the air, upside down, on a 30ft high trapeze. The key is to listen and remain calm.
4. Fight the urge to only think “I am flying through the air! I am flying through the air! I am flying through the air!” This will inevitably impair your listening abilities.
5. Lastly, be confident! Even if it means faking it. A confident swing will create the kind of momentum you want. Remember, the point is to fly through the air like a bird, not hang like a fish out to dry.
Now we leave you with our DIY trapeze tutorial…
*Special thanks to the Toronto Circus School. To learn more about their drop-in trapeze classes, click here.