Speaking of being “functioning grown ups,” this egg nog cheese cake was a smash hit at the various Christmas potlucks we brought it to. I even recall someone saying it was the best damn cheese cake they ever had. (That same person was later seen passed out on the guest bedroom floor, in a pile of their own egg nog slobber.)
Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
Yield: 12-16 Servings
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup eggnog
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
Dash ground nutmeg
- Place a greased 9-in. pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Gradually stir in the eggnog, extract and nutmeg. Pour filling over crust.
- Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
(Recipe via: http://www.tasteofhome.com)